Written by Abiola Falusi
For a long time, when people asked me what my cloth size was, I’d say to them I wear a UK cloth size 10. Truthfully, I had been a size 10 for five years and this was because I hadn’t really changed my wardrobe; and so my clothes had somehow grown with me. So, sometime in December, during the sales season, I did some online shopping on ASOS and ordered so many lovely items only to end of having to give them out after realizing I have since moved up to a size 12 for my upper body and size 14 bottoms…(Sobs).
This was a moment of reawakening for me. Together with some friends, I made a commitment to loose 10kg with the aim of dropping back to cloth size 10. And this was how I began my journey to a healthy life style. Unlike some people who make this commitment just to be healthy, mine was so I could fit into my newly purchased ASOS outfits.
Since faith is not effective without works; I have intentionally taken up some resolutions to back up my faith that I will fit into my new clothes very soon. Below are my new resolutions to a healthy lifestyle.
- I joined a gym: In January I registered in a gym that is a 5 minutes’ walk from my house. I promised to put in at least 2 hours session per day. Have I kept to that promise? Well, you be the judge of that, because right now I am reconsidering my membership. (Please don’t judge me, lol)
- I drank more water: I am one of those who find drinking water pretty hard. To spice things up, I got big water bottle and I add lemon slices for flavour. I take this in my bag all day easy peasy.
- I began eating right: To compliment my healthy lifestyle journey, green vegetables became regular features in my meals. I also went a step further and a smoothie maker. With interesting and easy to make smoothie recipes available online, I now enjoy different kinds of smoothies. You should join me.
- I signed up for keeping fit initiatives: In the past, I enjoyed sitting it out at charity campaigns but with my new healthy lifestyle resolution, I have decided to partake in physical activities to support charity campaigns. For example, the recent 15kms Walkathon, which honestly left me numb for days. Then there was the Walk for Cancer, Walk for a Child Limb, and others. The recent #30 Days Challenge has really tested my willpower as there is always an unhealthy feast in my office which I’m consciously always missing out on. I must stay the course.
- A new diet plan: I am sure by now you either think I’m some hobo or dropped down to a size 6. I wish! My reality is far from the targeted goal, I still tried on some of the outfits and I have only lost a staggering 4Kg. Now I’m considering the Forever C9 or Cambridge diet. Have you tried any of these diet plans? How is it working out? I’ll appreciate your reviews and advise in the comment box below please.
By now you must know that my long road back to size 10 is nowhere ended. However, I am determined to stay healthy and sexy whilst at it.
How has your journey been? Did you complete The Elevation Church 30 Day health Challenge? Diligently? Or did you struggle with saying ‘NO’ to those chocolate bars and other unhealthy foods? I am curious to hear your story, I could learn a thing a two to help me look picture perfect for my August vacation #HelpASister.